How Can YourStyle Help Me?
The path you take is as unique as you are. That's why it's important to take note of where you are now, decide where you want to end up, and choose the route that's right for you. As time goes on, your needs and capabilities will change; therefore, I will work with you to ensure your financial plans change with them.
With so many options to choose from, it’s difficult to know which financial product or strategy is right for you. If you’re feeling lost amid a whirlwind of industry jargon, take the opportunity to call me now. Its time to talk!
Your first step in a financial plan is to have clear financial goals and a realistic plan for how to reach them. Your best plan of action is to contact a financial professional who can clarify your goals and help you develop your plans.
You may already have a broker or financial planner. But have they asked you what’s important to you? Have they listened?
This short video can help to shed more light on the personalized benefits a financial planner can bring to your life:
Do they fit with your style and can they help you develop a financial plan?
Build from the bottom using a solid base - A solid base includes planning for life's unexpected twists and turns. Consider the importance of protecting yourself and your family with life, disability, health and critical illness insurance. A will and power of attorney are an essential part of your financial plan. The next layer includes financial products that can help accommodate a comfortable lifestyle now and a carefree retirement in the future.
Once the elements of your investment plan are in place and you've begun to reach your financial goals, it's important to explore a new range of investment opportunities. These opportunities can provide the potential for further portfolio diversification, growing your investment savings and reducing taxes.
As a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and Certified Professional Consultant on Aging (CPCA), Doug addresses financial topics with ease and clarity. Doug delivers insightful and timely information on the following topics:
Financial Planning 101
- Will I be able to retire when I want to?
- Will my family be ok?
- Contingency planning for health risks
- Healthcare issues: Critical Illness, Long Term Care, Income Replacement
- Registered and non-registered assets
- Annuities – unraveling the mystery
- Do I need insurance? How much?
Estate and Tax Planning
- Overview of wills and Powers of Attorney
- The ABCs of trusts
- Have you identified the executor and principal beneficiaries of your estate?
- Intergenerational wealth transfers
- Charitable gifting
- Income splitting and tax efficiency
Retirement Income Planning
- When do you plan to retire?
- Your sources of income – your income needs
- What government benefits can you expect?
- How will your income requirements change at different stages of your retirement?
Cash Flow, Budgeting and Debt Management
- How to create a household budget and stick to it
- Strategies for efficient debt reduction
Employee Benefits (for business owners)
- Group insurance plans and Health Spending Accounts
- Corporate Insurance and Buy-Sell arrangements
- Retirement Plans – Registered Pension Plans (RPP), Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP) and Deferred Profit Sharing Plans (DPSP)
Life Balance Topics
Let Doug take you and your guests on a LIFE BALANCE journey. Doug’s dynamic and engaging presentations provide real-life and usable strategies to help his audience find their inner peace and achieve Life Balance:
- How to avoid the Crazy Cycle
- Love and Respect
- Understanding Pink and Blue
- Good willed people have good intentions
- Nutrition – You are what you eat
- Meal times – portion control
- Food choices – Water – The Elixir of Life
- Exercise and Physical Activity
- Break a sweat every day
- Track your results
- Stand up and get moving!
- Lifelong learning
- Believe and Achieve
- Your total belief system
- Use it or Lose it!
- Family of origin
- Time Management
- Protect your family with a will
- Money stress
- The importance of having a financial plan
- Budgeting, debt reduction and cash flow
- Tax efficient strategies
- The glue that holds everything together
- What’s important to you?
Following a well-managed financial plan can lead to a better financial future. Click here to find out more about how YourStyle Financial can help you.